• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Hop Plants

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjncoguyx

Reaction score
I have a fuggle plant and hallertau in tubs. I moved and have no where to grow them this year. If you want them they're yours. I am located in Philly. You could either plant the root system or leave it be in the plastic bins. They grew pretty well last year(first year) i ended up with a few ounces from the harvest. :rockin:

I am interested also, I could grab them next Wednesday. Please pm me if they are still available.

No prob man, glad they're going to a good home. The hallertau really went nuts last year, i would imagine they're going to go pretty crazy this time around.

Do you think they will do ok in the tubs or are the roots going to choke. I would like to keep them portable if possible as I am also renting now.

From what I am reading if you water plenty and fertilize regularly they do ok.

A few questions: how old are they? Did you grow them in the tubs or just transplant for moving? Any hints for good yield?

I planted them last year in the tubs and grew them on my sun porch with a 10 foot trellis i made out of twine and 1x3's. I would just fertilize them then sit em out wherever around the end of march. They should start growing fairly quick.

Back