• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Free Grain (Chicagoland)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johns

Reaction score
I am giving away about 40 pounds of rye malt grain to a lucky person. I am not brewing with rye anymore and I really need to downsize. All I as is a craft beer donation and that you pick it up and take it away. Sorry not sending it through the mail.

I am in the Chicago land area.

Attachments

• 00I0I_i8Xqq9mSdAQ_1200x900.jpg
    00I0I_i8Xqq9mSdAQ_1200x900.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
i'm not in your area, but someone else would probably want to know if it's malted, roasted or any of those details....

Unfortunately the closest I get to the border is Hammond, IN (I live in NWI) and that still puts you an hour from me. Thanks for the quick reply!

How old is it, I might be interested. I work in Arlington heights

Its about two years old. Grain will stay fresh for a long time as long as it is kept dry and in a cool place. Dry, I mean in a place with low humidity, and it has been. Its been kept in a air tight buckets with lids and some of it has been vacuum sealed.

Is this grain still available? I will be in Chicago in a couple of weeks for work and would love to pick this up if it is.

If you still have the grain after all this covid-19 stuff has calmed down I'll gladly take it off of your hands. I'm in Aurora (Very close to WVHS), so would have no issues picking it up for you or meeting you somewhere if you did not want to give address out. Be happy to trade you some beer.

Back