Franken-bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wegcagle

Reaction score
Hi crew,

I've been brewing for about 5 years now, but have been pretty silent around the forum (hopefully changing that now). As a quick background I am a big DIY kind of guy and as such have a ton of "extra" stuff laying around my shop.

My oldest kid is having the yearly fund raiser, and my wife and I got roped into running the auction. Last year one of the biggest hits was a craft beer party that was auctioned (my wife's idea). Me and two other homebrewers supplied all the beer for the party, and some others supplied the food. It was a MASSIVE hit, and this year I was asked to provide some homebrew for the fund raiser as well. While my wife was getting everything organized she told me that I should build "something prettier" than 2 kegs in a trashcan with picnic taps....), so I set off to work.

She's Franken-bar because I have almost $25 in the bar (not counting keg equipment and taps). I spent $5.67 on chalkboard paint, and under $20 on two computer fans from Radioshack. Everything else was scavenged from old projects and stuff I saved while renovating the house. Let me know what you think.

attachment.php

Found an old formica (pretty huh?) bar top that was left over from our initial house renovation. Slapped some plywood legs and was off on the build.

attachment.php

Built a top box for the taps (only 2 for now, but have a good plan to expand). The bottom I'm tracing to cut out 2 4" holes to mount fans to keep the taps and line cold.

attachment.php

Got the PVC attachments cut and glued in place (plan is 1 fan drawing air into the box and second fan blowing hotter air back to the keezer via PVC cut out in the lid). All that beautiful brown stuff is exterior caulk that I collected after replastering my pool (that project SUCKED).

attachment.php

Wired up my fans, mounted them in place, sealed up the box, plugged it in and ready for a test run.

attachment.php

All done!!! Just need to mount the taps, hook it up, and enjoy the party! Wife loved the end result so much that it's going to be the newest addition to our backporch :mug: (somehow I lucked my way into a good one).

All ideas, scrutiny, and comments are welcome. This was a fun and quick little project,

Will

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

I like it. Your kezzer is going to be a slide out I guess? I might do something like that for my outside bar.

bar outside.jpg

Yep. I scavenged some lockable casters. I did buy some pvc screw cap connectors so that I can unscrew the connectors at the freezer and roll out the bar to change out the legs. Seems to work well for now, but we'lol see soon enough. Thanks for the input; it's been a cool little project.

Now time to reap the rewards!

Will

Really cool bar by the way. I definitely need to add a bottle opener (likes yours) and will also need to add a splash guard at some point as well. Looks great!

Latest posts

Back