found beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mismost

Reaction score
reclaimed a gifted six pack I gave a friend for Christmas 2015....he stuck it a cabinet and forgot about it.

I chilled a Porter and poured it. I expected the worse after sitting for so long. It is the best Porter I have ever drank, much less made. Dark smooth great body and mouth feel....coffee chocolate roast malt all nice married up.

Love Porters, they just never last 18 months around here! there is one more Porter, a couple of Pilsners, and a couple of Kolsches...hope they mellowed as well.

Yes, its nice how porters can change their taste over the years. I love the phenolic taste they exhibit after storing them for a few years.

reclaimed a gifted six pack I gave a friend for Christmas 2015....he stuck it a cabinet and forgot about it.

I chilled a Porter and poured it. I expected the worse after sitting for so long. It is the best Porter I have ever drank, much less made. Dark smooth great body and mouth feel....coffee chocolate roast malt all nice married up.

Love Porters, they just never last 18 months around here! there is one more Porter, a couple of Pilsners, and a couple of Kolsches...hope they mellowed as well.

Now you know why I recommend leaving a darker beer in bottles for 3 to 6 months before drinking any. I've let a stout sit for 2 years and yes it was really smooth.:mug:

Yes, its nice how porters can change their taste over the years. I love the phenolic taste they exhibit after storing them for a few years.

I like how their taste changes in the glass as the Co2 leaves and the beer warms....it is often like drinking several distinctly different beers.

Now you know why I recommend leaving a darker beer in bottles for 3 to 6 months before drinking any. I've let a stout sit for 2 years and yes it was really smooth.:mug:

Most folks, unfortunately, don't have the patience for this. I am raising my hand in embarrassment as a guilty party too. I am going to force myself to bottle a stout off my current keg and simply hide it away.

I did condition the keg for 3 months (darn right it is good), but I bet a year or two in the bottle would be stellar!

Back