Fort George Vortex IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striles

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making a clone of Fort George's Vortex IPA? If so, please share. Thanks

Based on their site I'll guess at this.

85% 2row
10% Munich
5% Vienna

The hops listed are all excellent dual use but amarillo is definitely best used late in the boil. So say a blend of Simcoe and Centennial for FWH and a little at 60. Then blend simcoe and amarillo from 15min-flameout. Probably a 2-3oz dry hop for 7 days of Centennial and simcoe or amarillo or all three. Regardless you cant go wrong.

Boy said:
Based on their site I'll guess at this.

85% 2row
10% Munich
5% Vienna

The hops listed are all excellent dual use but amarillo is definitely best used late in the boil. So say a blend of Simcoe and Centennial for FWH and a little at 60. Then blend simcoe and amarillo from 15min-flameout. Probably a 2-3oz dry hop for 7 days of Centennial and simcoe or amarillo or all three. Regardless you cant go wrong.

Thanks. I plan to try this in a couple of weeks. An excellent brew!

Hello, I live in Astoria and have had my fair share of Vortex. I believe it's their number one selling beer. I like it. It's not my favorite IPA however. This past Friday I had their thunder muck stout. That was great. The working girl porter is good, the coal miner's lager was surprisingly good. I think my go to beer at fort George is the sunrise OPA. Either way, you should enjoy your time at Fort George and in Astoria. Any questions about the area, let me know.

they also have some great chalkboard artists working for them

C360_2011-04-0914-50-57.jpg

Thanks. I plan to try this in a couple of weeks. An excellent brew!

Hey, Striles,

Did you happen to come up with a recipe as of yet...maybe something to start with you might be willing to share?

For me, Vortex is one of my favorite IPA:)

Anyone try to make the Vortex or the Sunrise?

I'm thinking of giving the Sunrise clone an attempt here soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back