Forgotten beer! :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanthes

Reaction score
I just discovered an ipa that I brewed about 5 months ago in my basement. (We had a baby and forgot about the beer)I didn't bottle it. I just opened the top of the fermenter and it isn't moldy or anything. Is it salvageable? Or should I just dump it?

I bottled a few bottles and dry hopped the rest. Is there anyway to tell if my yeast are dead? Or should I just assume it is and repitch?

You should be fine, assuming the gravity wasn't too high. It may just take a little longer to carbonate. Be patient, give it three or four weeks, then put a couple in the fridge for a few days and try one. I bet it'll be just fine.

You should be fine, assuming the gravity wasn't too high. It may just take a little longer to carbonate. Be patient, give it three or four weeks, then put a couple in the fridge for a few days and try one. I bet it'll be just fine.

Second this. Don't even crack one until at least four weeks have gone by. Then let us know how it tastes!

Latest posts

Back