Forgot to aerate wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazyBeer

Reaction score
1st brew and I just realized that I forgot to aerate the wort. It went into the fermenter yesterday and the airlock started bubbling within 12 hours. It's Brewers Best Imperial Pale that I added .5lbs of chocolate malt to and starngely enough aeration is not in the instructions. Should I open it up and give it a stir with sanitized spoon?

0.jpg

I'd just let it go if it's already fermenting.

Now I know what's going to be stuck in my head all day while doing chores...thanks

I can actually fix that for you. Listen to this:

This song will replace the song not-to-be-named in your head. It's also unlikely to get stuck in your head. Songs are more likely to get stuck in your head if they have a short repetitive section (think Chili's Babyback Ribs Jingle...oops...sorry). By contrast, the repetitive part of The Girl from Ipanema is too long to stick in most people's working memory.

Last edited:
"Tall and tan and young and lovely" could be some sort of IPA, perhaps. But I think I'd stick to a caipirinha if I were lucky enough to be lounging on Ipanema beach with Tom, Joao, some garotas and Corcovado looming in the distance.

Alright, back to homebrewing.

I forget to aerate often lol. You’re still making beer that you will enjoy just let it ride 🍺

Back