Forgot to add irish moss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiredboy

Reaction score
I'm hoping it won't matter but I've just realised that I forgot to add Irish moss to my dogfish head 60 minute clone that I brewed last saturday. Should I do anything or leave it and hope for the best. I plan on leaving it in primary for 3 weeks, then dry hoping (in primary) for a week before transferring to a keg and force carbing.

I'm hoping it won't matter but I've just realised that I forgot to add Irish moss to my dogfish head 60 minute clone that I brewed last saturday. Should I do anything or leave it and hope for the best. I plan on leaving it in primary for 3 weeks, then dry hoping (in primary) for a week before transferring to a keg and force carbing.

I've made that clone, or at least a version of it. I loved it. I wish it was on tap now! :ban:

Look, of all the things you could sweat messing up, lack of an Irish moss addition the last 15 minutes of your boil should not even be on the radar. IMHO

I say carry on! Your beer will be fine. Cold crash it and siphon carefully. You'll never recognize the difference. :)

Cheers!:mug:

Back