Force carbing, am I understanding this right??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
Just real quick, I know there are a bunch of different schools of thought related to force carbing, SIAFI, 30psi bursts and shaking, 30psi for x amount of time...etc My question though is if I was trying to get a keg carbed as quickly as possible and not risk over carbing, wouldn't it be best to just set it to the desired PSI for the volumes according to a SIAFI chart and just shake it for a while and then leave it at that pressure for x amount of days until ready to drink???

I hate myself for giving this advice.:mad:
In an absolute emergency, keg it, purge it, crank it to 30psi for 48hours, no more and don't shake, purge and drop to 20psi for 24 hours. Then put to serving psi and wait. What temp will the beer be at?

That should work, use the chart in my sig to match your serving psi to that temp and the volumes of co2 you want in your beer.

Cool thx a ton , I vow from hear out every batch after this one will be SIAFI. Just didn't start this superbowl
batch early enough, poor planning on my part.

Back