After force carb and pressure reset I forgot to open valve - been 2.5 days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Reaction score
So somehow I made a doofus mistake. After force carbing for 30 hours at 30psi and purging the keg I dialed the pressure down to 13psi but somehow forgot to open the CO2 valve. Don't know how this happened as I even checked the next day and can swear the valve was open. So anyhow, I reset it to 30psi this morning figuring maybe 12 hours or so to make up for some of that lost time. Questions are: 1. Should I just do more time at 30psi or would that equal more than 2.5 days at 13psi? And question 2: I doubt there would be any negative affect on the beer at such low pressure since it was still under CO2 and the beer will off-gas some pressure (plus it's at 36F), but is there any chance of negative affect on the beer other than loss of CO2 volumes and more time needed to get back to where it should've been after 2.5 under 13psi?

I'm sure there is a more exact way to do it, but I wouldn't keep it at 30psi very long - 12 hrs max... I'd prob just keep it at 13psi.

There is no real chance of any ill effect on the beer though.

I'm sure there is a more exact way to do it, but I wouldn't keep it at 30psi very long - 12 hrs max... I'd prob just keep it at 13psi.

There is no real chance of any ill effect on the beer though.
Agree.
I have had a leaky tank valve that took my pressure down to zero.
I did not notice for 3-4 days.
Replaced the tank and set it to 15 and all was good.
No off flavor detected.

How you get to your desired carbonation level doesn't matter, just as long as you aren't venting it (and thus losing your aromatics).
I often shake it - cold and 30psi, it doesn't take long - then tweak for the desired level.

Latest posts

Back