force carb, then bottle, then much flatter carb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrock817

Reaction score
so I bottled a RIS that was about 11% recently. I force carbed it for two weeks, and it had slightly more carb than I wanted in the final product, but I assumed that I would lose some to bottling.

I had not yet made a "beer gun" and instead just poured very slowly into the bottles, let them foam over,, and capped them.

I stuck a wand from a siphon on the end of my picnic tap, but did not use a stopper to keep the bottle under pressure when filling

now the bottles have noticeably less carbonation than I intended, what can I do differently next time? should I over carb even more? I made sure everything was cold, even left the bottles outside in freezing temps until I was ready to use them.

The OP asks what he can do in the future. For his current situation, could he simply add some carb tabs?

Also, in the future could he follow his procedure as he noted but add carb tabs at the transfer from keg to bottle?

Back