Force carb noob question . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halldawg

Reaction score
I have read the stickys and other places, but still have a question. The cider is in the kegerator, gas is on to 30psi . . . do I leave the gas on or do I turn it off and not bleed it down to serving pressure?

Only about 30min. Do I need to take the CO2 tank out to get a good reading off the gauge? I know the temp effects the reading.

Only about 30min. Do I need to take the CO2 tank out to get a good reading off the gauge? I know the temp effects the reading.

If you leave it at 30 psi for about 2 days, you should have decent carbonation. Then, purge the pressure, and reset it to serving pressure. (Depending on your system, you may find that about 10-12 psi is good). Cider isn't really well carbonated that low, though- I think it needs more bubbles. But try it and see.

If you try to dispense at 30 psi, it'll shoot out like a firehose. So, make sure you don't try to serve it at 30 psi unless you have like 25 feet of line.

Cool. I have a two tap tower so I am in the process of getting my red ale on the other tap now.

Back