For Those With Glycol Chillers/FTSS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TobyG32

Reaction score
So, I just completed my first fermentation with my new glycol chiller and FTSS setup for 7 gallon Brew Buckets, and have a question for those with similar setups. What is your process for disconnecting the glycol lines from the hose barbs/getting glycol out of the chiller coil without losing a bunch of solution? I didn't really think about that until I kegged today after my cold crash. What I did was kink the hose of the "in" line as close to the barb as possible, unscrewed the hose clamp and yanked it off. I lost a little bit of glycol from the hose - then blew through the line to push the glycol solution back into the reservoir. I think blew through the barb on the FTSS to push the rest of the glycol solution through the "out" line until I got most of it back into the reservoir. It kinda worked, but really seems sub-optimal. Any ideas/solutions? Thanks

These are what I use from US Plastics (https://www.usplastic.com/). They close off when disconnected, and one thumb latch disconnects both.

Capture.JPG

Does anyone have a good price on these for 1/2" ID hose connections by chance?... I have 4 110gallon plastic fermenters I need to cool this way and right now this is the only component I dont have.. im trying to find them as cheap as possible as we are close to opening and money is very tight.

I have it setup for CIP but I still think im going to want to clean these coils in a sink since I question the sprayballs capability on getting to the backside of the coils?

Thanks, I dont know about the OP but I looked there... There are literally hundreds of options and the cheapest ones I found were still going to run hundreds of $$ for 4 conicals.. I'm hoping for an inline no spill quick disconnect thats not so pricey... I may end up going with some aquairium canister filter disconnects I found myself..

a little large though.. better than the restrictive 3/8" ones..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MarineLand...=item1a58467ded:g:LRUAAOSwcSFbSpqu:rk:14:pf:0

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back