For the love of beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrickar

Reaction score
I had my first taste of Zombie Dust last week, after a fellow member got me 1/2 a case of the stuff. I drank a couple, put a couple back and traded the rest for Pliny and KBS. :D

There aren't that many limited distros here in OH that people would want to trade, so tomorrow AM I will rise with the sun, strap on my helmet and ride my sportbike (fully outfitted with soon-to-be-full ballistic nylon luggage) to Munster, IN to pick up some Gumballhead and hopefully some Zombie Dust from local supermarkets and beer stores.

I've been watching their website hoping to catch a day when they had both - they had ZD Tues, then it sold out, now they have Gumballhead.

Gumballhead for me, some ZD to keep (hopefully), some to trade for things I cannot seem to get. Maybe a couple bombers of stuff just to have on hand.

I'm sure others have travelled farther than me to get it, but the wife thinks I am nuts to get up at 8am and ride 4 hours for beer. I'll consider it an adventure...

This summer I plan to tour Bells and Founders, and with any luck; Great Lakes.

If your headed there via 30 or the toll road there are two more that fairly close and worth the stop. The first is Chapmans in Angola, IN. Small taproom opens at noon good beer. The second is Iechyd da brewing in Elkhart. They have a full brewpub.

There is also bare hands brewing, I haven't been there yet. Also in Marshall MI IS Dark Horse, I've been there and probably won't visit again.

Last edited:
Uneventful ride there and back, met a guy riding a Harley and since we were going the same way we sort of stuck together. Got separated the last few miles, and then as I turned into the FFF parking lot there he was. Funny that we rode like 200 miles together and neither knew the other was going to Three Floyds.

Got in line early, got seated at the bar quickly, had a pint of Zombie Dust and small pint of Backmasking on nitro. Very good stuff. Had the cuban sandwich and it was awesome.

Like everyone described the music is like death/speed metal but it wasn't so loud I couldn't hear. No one was rude and we had a good time.

I picked up two cases of Gumballhead and a bomber of Rear Admiral and one of Backmasking. My new buddy Paul got 4 bombers of War Mullet and a case of Gumballhead. Shame they did not have ZD, but it was a given in my mind that they wouldn't.

Also in Marshall MI IS Dark Horse, I've been there and probably won't visit again.

Why would you no visit Dark Horse again? Was is the beer or the staff or?

I have this dream of touring Bells, Founders, Shorts and Dark Horse someday...just curious.

Why would you no visit Dark Horse again? Was is the beer or the staff or?

I have this dream of touring Bells, Founders, Shorts and Dark Horse someday...just curious.

Was crazy packed, smelled like a vomit inducing mixture of smoker wood, patchouli oil, and dreadlock funk. The home brew (/skateboard) shop was overpriced and under stocked. Compared to the others in the area, it wasn't an experience I'd like to recreate.

I'm also turned off by how quickly they dropped their pants and crapped on the community that spawned them, as far as I know, they do not share tips for recreating their beers with home brewers and their labels are insanely difficult to remove.

Latest posts

Back