For the Evabarrier & DuoTight folks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a set of these. Very nice quality. They will work great for my rolling Igloo cooler that fits 2 1/2 and 3 gallon kegs because the lid will now shut all the way with the low profile disconnects. In addition, it is nice to be able to simply slide the hoses in without barbs or clamps. I'm not sure I will use these in my keezer since I have lots of space between the keg tops and the keezer lid. With that space, I kind of like the beer and gas lines angling up particularly when I have the keezer maxed out with kegs. Nice product at a good price.

Has anybody tried these? I ordered a gas ball lock from Morebeer to see how it is. It looks fine, and it's red like in the picture. But for the life of me, I can't get it to connect to the gas post. Out of curiosity I tried it on the beer post and it worked. I tried one multiple kegs and it wouldn't go on any gas posts.

Are these colored incorrectly?

I've only hooked up my beer disconnects and they work fine. While I bought a few gas disconnects, I have not tried them because my regulators have barbed fittings and I didn't want to hassle trying to put the Eva Barrier hose on the barbs. When I get home, I will see if my gas disconnects fits on my gas posts and report back.

Took the opportunity to re-apply some keg lube when I switched a couple of mine out, but they went on w/o issue. Just hooked up the kegs on the front left and back right so replaced them when I was sanitizing the lines.
IMG_6355.JPG

Yeah I was going to suggest the lube as well. Crazy what a difference it can make. Just to be sure.

Verify the posts are in the right spots as well since they are very slightly different diameters. Although... hmm that probably won't matter but to be sure.

Has anybody tried these? I ordered a gas ball lock from Morebeer to see how it is. It looks fine, and it's red like in the picture. But for the life of me, I can't get it to connect to the gas post. Out of curiosity I tried it on the beer post and it worked. I tried one multiple kegs and it wouldn't go on any gas posts.

Are these colored incorrectly?

The red gas disconnects hooked up fine to both of the kegs I used them on. Liquid disconnects worked well also.

I wish Eva Barrier hose came in a different color for gas. I like my red gas hoses and am reluctant to switch them particularly since my gas manifolds are all barbed and I don't want to hassle trying to push the Eva Barrier hose over the barbs. I do love the Duotight fittings and Eva Barrier hoses for my beer lines, however.

Sorry to go off-topic, but I'm looking to convert over to the DuoTight and EVABarrier. I've seen these in-line pieces on a lot of people's gas lines. Can you comment as to what it is? Check valve to prevent beer going back up into the gas line?

View attachment 759006

@day_trippr already addressed it, but that is exactly what it is. Came in handy when I was disconnecting that little mini keg too as I had completely over-carbed some hop water last night.

5mm works fine on barbs, just use a blow dryer real quick to stretch it over. I personally hate duotight fittings because they caused me to lose 2 kegs of beer and made a mess of my kegerator, but the EVA barrier tubing is cheap and durable.

Question for the Duotight brain trust; can the gauges in the Duotight regulators be flipped 180 degrees? I just built a gas regulator board for my Kegerator and the gauges are upside down I want to flip them. I know you can change the gauges from 0-60 to 15, 30, 150 psi. Anyone flipped them?
Thanks
IMG_2519.JPG

Is it possible to re-zero the gauges? I was pretty careful removing and re-installing them but one reads ~10 psi at rest. Did I fubar it?

Is it possible to re-zero the gauges? I was pretty careful removing and re-installing them but one reads ~10 psi at rest. Did I fubar it?

I believe if you pull the gauge out again you can manually move the needle to re-zero.

See the below video from Kegland that explains how to adjust it.

I have just hooked these up to my torpedo kegs, and they fit rather well, love the low profile, will add keg lube just to make sure thanks to this thread!

Happened to also have converted everything to Duotight and EVABarrier myself recently, along with the check valves from each keg to my new regulator.

I have noticed an odd resistant hissing sound (a bit like a balloon deflating), which I think I've pinpointed to these check valves not backing CO2 past them from the keg. The regulator, perhaps as expected, doesn't show the pressure dropping and equalizing when I released pressure from a keg, like it did when I did not have the check valves.

Have you noticed that @Knightshade or other folks too? Not sure if it's these smaller gas EVABarrier lines or the new regulator helps cause this but I haven't experienced this before.

PXL_20220216_021829060.jpg

I guess I just got a dud. Morebeer is sending me a new one, so hopefully that works as well as the ones you guys have.

Mine got a little weirder. On one of my 2.5 gallon kegs, this fits both the beer and the gas post. On one 5 gallon keg, it only fits the beer post (even though it's a gas disconnect). On other kegs, it doesn't fit either one.

I guess I just got a dud. Morebeer is sending me a new one, so hopefully that works as well as the ones you guys have.

Mine got a little weirder. On one of my 2.5 gallon kegs, this fits both the beer and the gas post. On one 5 gallon keg, it only fits the beer post (even though it's a gas disconnect). On other kegs, it doesn't fit either one.
Mine seem to function fine, but I'm not too impressed with how they're quite awkward to connect/disconnect on genuine Cornelius posts. Even with a little lube it takes some force, epecially with the liquid side, requiring two hands. Maybe they need to wear in? I think I'll stick with regular CMB disconnects generally and save these low profile ones from Kegland for stacking smaller kegs, which is what I wanted them for mainly.

@DrinkFresh I’ve never had the mini regulators connected without the check valves in place so I’m not certain of the behavior difference without.

@k-os I didn’t realize they had started making digital gauges…guess I know what is next on my list of things to purchase..

Let me know if you find a place selling them in the States. I haven't found one yet.

So, these come for multiple size hoses? I see 4mm, I think, in a picture above. Morebeer seems to only have 8mm. Wasn't sure if I'm just bad at searching, maybe it's just what they have at the moment?

So, these come for multiple size hoses? I see 4mm, I think, in a picture above. Morebeer seems to only have 8mm. Wasn't sure if I'm just bad at searching, maybe it's just what they have at the moment?

The 4mm you see on the hose is the internal diameter. I've only seen 8mm (OD of hose) available so far in the states. I believe Kegland also has a version for 9.5mm hose, but not yet available in the states that I've seen.

morebeer.com carries at least three different EVABarrier lines, including the 4, 5 and 6.3mm ID.
They apparently don't have the 3mm ID line yet...

1645032764211.png

Cheers!

Let me know if you find a place selling them in the States. I haven't found one yet.

then I suppose I'll just wait for morebeer to spam my Inbox telling me that they're now selling them...and then I'll probably look to see if Williams Brewing is doing the same and purchase from them.

I replicated that somewhat on a smaller scale. I re-drilled the holes to more center the valves on the board. I only have a need for three valves currently but can add one more if needed.
IMG_2519 (1).JPG

Back