For Lovecraft fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordGarth

Reaction score
I just brewed a batch of autumn/Halloween ale for this fall. My third batch of beer and my first label.

SN Ale 4.jpg

5.8%? Come on, for a beer with that name and label, I think 8% is the minimum here ;)

Also, I head the At the Mountains of Madness movie is canned :(

"cool air" has got to be the best brewing related lovecraft story. The guy literally turns whole his apartment into his ferm chamber, and kept it at lager temps.

5.8% oops! I guess I accidentally left the 1 off. :) (kidding) I'm still thinking of a brewery name and had considered "Mad Mountain Brewery". I'll be making a stronger Lovecraftian winter warmer next.

This is kind of an odds 'n' ends 2 gallon recipe. Since it has my last two cans of Mr. Beer liquid hopped malt extract I used the Mr Beer fermenter for it. I've already moved on to a 5 gallon setup for future brews.

♦ 8 oz Caramel 40L Malt steeping grains
♦ 8 ounces Muntons Plain Dark DME (60 EBC)
♦ Mr. Beer Octoberfest Vienna Lager HME
♦ Mr. Beer Whispering Wheat Weizenbier HME
♦ 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
♦ 1/2 tsp allspice

It just might taste evil! I hope it's good though.

I forgot about the COOL AIR story. Awesome! I saw the Mountains Of Madness movie got axed. It might just be for the best though... There has never been a real good Lovecraft adaptation in my opinion. No movie could be made evil enough although del Toro probably would have done a great job.

Slight hijack: There is a fantastic Lovecraft film coming out on DVD this year. I watched a pre-release edition with Sandy Petersen (yes, THAT Sandy Petersen) earlier this year.

Lord Garth - Great label! I'll send a copy to Sandy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had total faith in DeToro's team to create some of the craziest aliens we've ever seen on screen. It's a shame.

That clip for Whisperer In Darkness looks great! By the same people who made Call Of Cthulhu a few years ago which I highly recommend. Low budget and fan-made.

Sandy Petersen - cool! My label might get famous! lol In the interest of full disclosure I did not create the arwork. I wish I did. Credit goes to www.mattdixon.co.uk.

I don't normally get into Lovecraft until the fall/Halloween and the autumn ale got me thinking about it. I might have to read a story or two right now.

Sandy Petersen - cool! My label might get famous! lol In the interest of full disclosure I did not create the arwork. I wish I did. Credit goes to www.mattdixon.co.uk.

I don't normally get into Lovecraft until the fall/Halloween and the autumn ale got me thinking about it. I might have to read a story or two right now.

I had dinner with Sandy yesterday. He gives your label a big thumbs up!

Latest posts

Back