Food Network St. Patty's Beer Article

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice recipe, Emeril... :rolleyes:

Emeril's Ale Recipe Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Show: Emeril Live
Episode: Emeril's Pub Grub

2 cans light malt syrup
1 gallon water
1-ounce hops
4 gallons water
2 packages dry yeast

In a large, nonreactive stock pot, add malt syrup and water. Add hops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and boil for 1 hour, stirring often. Cool. Strain the hop mixture and pour, through a funnel, into a sterilized 7 gallon fermenting tank. Add the water. Add the yeast. Seal the top with a stopper. Ferment for 1 1/2 weeks. Strain the beer. Bottle and age for another 2 to 3 weeks.

Friggin' Ewok...

emeril.jpg
300px-An_ewok.jpg

Quote:
"Emeril's Ale Recipe Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Show: Emeril Live
Episode: Emeril's Pub Grub

2 cans light malt syrup
1 gallon water
1-ounce hops
4 gallons water
2 packages dry yeast

In a large, nonreactive stock pot, add malt syrup and water. Add hops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and boil for 1 hour, stirring often. Cool. Strain the hop mixture and pour, through a funnel, into a sterilized 7 gallon fermenting tank. Add the water. Add the yeast. Seal the top with a stopper. Ferment for 1 1/2 weeks. Strain the beer. Bottle and age for another 2 to 3 weeks."

Mmmm, flat beer, IF anything is left after it explodes the 'stopper'. :D

I hate that guy..if you ever watch his show he always burns his stuff. I've never made a recipe of his that has turned out good and this "beer" recipe is no different:D

Dan

I would bet that this recipe was added in like something in a sharper image catalog: cool looking things are added in that arn't expected to sell well but make the catalog look cooler.

This beer recipe was probably added to make the show look cooler although most people were not expected to actually do it.

I feel sorry for the poor schmuck who actually tried to do this recipe, haha.

Back