Folding grist mill hopper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Islandboy85

Reaction score
I don't have much room for big brewery equipment besides what I already own. I like big hoppers, I just don't have room for one. Has anyone seen a good folding hopper design? I'll be mounting the mill near the handle on my brewery cart (regular shop push cart). I've thought about making a hopper that is vertical and one side, then is able to fold out on the other side when in use.

I don't have much room for big brewery equipment besides what I already own. I like big hoppers, I just don't have room for one. Has anyone seen a good folding hopper design? I'll be mounting the mill near the handle on my brewery cart (regular shop push cart). I've thought about making a hopper that is vertical and one side, then is able to fold out on the other side when in use.

Not me but I have an idea for one that I was thinking about trying because I am tired of pouring grain 5 pounds at a time in to the Hopper…
I do 11 gallon batches and usually I can fit the uncrushed grain in to a single Homer Bucket

1. Build a small table that my Barley Mill can sit on and a Homer Bucket can go underneath
  2. Add a frame that will allow another Homer Bucket to sit above the hopper (it having a 5 by 5 hole cut in it.
  3. Add an old electric drill to power the Mill.
  4. Turn it on and let it go…

I have to store the mill, buckets, and drill anyway so this will not tak up any additional space...

Back