Fogger no longer fogging, just "geysering."

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadjobrinus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Man, rough week. First my Inkbird 310 died just as I put the keg in the cooler to ferment. Now, with a wine cooler based on thermoelectric cooling, I'm having trouble maintaining temps low there too.

House is maintained at 68. Setpoint for cooler is 50.0F. It's warm outside today, 84, but if the inside temp is the same as it's always been, I can't understand why the issue unique to this type of cooling would come up all of a sudden. Spread of 18? Is that just too hard to maintain (we're at about week 3 on tomes).

Wait, there's more. Ronco wanted to make sure the fogger that has been chugging along like a titan over these three weeks, making the cave look like the opening of Dark Shadows (that includes all the way to tonight, early evening), all of a sudden now, the fogger is just geysering, and not fogging. Or, a fountain.

I was trying to cool the fridge down with all kinds of things and one brilliant idea was to drop some ice in my fogger reservoir. Have no idea if that was it for some reason I don't know, but even now, with water at temp, still just a fountain. I have two backup foggers, both are doing the same thing. WTH?

I contacted HoH and they have always been great. Just hoping to cure this over the weekend as these cheeses are coming along beautifully and I'd be bummed to bring them out-of-environment.

Back