Foamy firstt pour from keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hlumbard

Reaction score
I've been gone a long while so maybe this has been addressed. I can't find it. Every time I go to pour from my keezer the first beer is pretty foamy. I've found my beer line actually has air pockets in it. I'm currently tapping commercial sanke kegs with about 10' of line to compensate for the 11-12 psi I've got on the keg. Temp set to about 40F. I'm thinking it has to do with temp differential. My probe is in a bottle of water to stop short cycling the compressor so my theory is the line and shank are warmer than the beer therefore causing the foam. I'm thinking of installing a small computer fan to circulate the cold air. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Definitely a good idea to have a small fan always stirring the air up and eliminating stratification. The temperature differential in a keezer can be very large otherwise, and CO2 break-out in beer lines is one indicator of stratification...

Cheers!

You can also have a fan pump air up into the tower to help keep the lines and shanks cool. That will help with the foamy first pour.

Sent from my kegerator

Back