Floating Dip Tube - Which One?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The torpedo type work fine for me after adding weight. Others have not needed to do so. Weight can be added in a number of ways and is fairly simple.

One additional consideration - the torpedo keg buoys come with a short dip tube, while the ball and keg do not; they instruct you to cut an existing dip tube.

Bumping this...

Looking to ferment in a corny with floating dip tube then pressure transfer to serving keg. No need for floating dip tube in serving keg.

Looking for best floating dip tube for fermenter. Suggestions/experiences?

FLOTit, Buoy, CBDS......

Thanks!
:mug:

The best? CBDS. Pricey, though.

Ordered a couple of the FLOTit dip tubes and (I think) all the other necessary parts to get going. Will start by doing slightly smaller batches into a couple of 5 gallon kegs I already have. If all goes as planned I'll spring for a couple of the 6 gallon Torpedo kegs.

:mug:

I have 2 of the Clear Beer rigs. They're great especially woth the extra hop screen. I fine with gelatin and within 24 hours I am pulling pints you can see through. Give it a week and it is brilliantly clear.

Another great item is the Fermentasaurus float and dip tube. They're really inexpensive and work well.

Back