Flat keg? Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle6357

Reaction score
So I read alot on force carb kegs. I have given a friend a growler and poured a few pints off my kegs and now it seems a bit flat. I have it at 10 PSI and at 38deg on my Johnson Controller in the Keezer........any tips on getting that carb back up?

When I force carbonated I kept it at 30 PSI for a day, 20 PSI for 2 days then down to 10 PSI for 3 days. (Found people liked this method).

Any thoughts would be GREAT!

So, it is mostly carbed, but just a little low? If so, the easy way is to just turn it up a couple lbs and give it a week. If you want it faster, you can start guessing. eg leave it at 30 for a couple hours. Vent, check the carb level. Repeat as necessary. It is pretty easy to overshoot that way though.

Thats what Ill do! I bumped it to 12 and will give it time! I don't mind it but want it a bit more!

So, it is mostly carbed, but just a little low? If so, the easy way is to just turn it up a couple lbs and give it a week. If you want it faster, you can start guessing. eg leave it at 30 for a couple hours. Vent, check the carb level. Repeat as necessary. It is pretty easy to overshoot that way though.

Back