Flat beer (so far)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSK

Reaction score
Just tried a beer from an extract kit I got from Northern Brewer, which is sort of a wheat beer/pale ale combo. It has been in the bottle for two weeks - it came out tasting great but was completely flat - at least so far. Pretty sure I followed instructions completely. This is my 5th batch so far, and have not had a problem so far. Any ideas?

To quote Monty Python "Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three." - 3 weeks is the magic number for conditioning in bottles. Check again next week, and if you mixed in the priming sugar well, it should be carbonated by then.

Did it even give a little hiss when you opened the bottle? Or just nothing. Usually you would expect some carbonation after 2 weeks. Maybe a bad seal on the cap. Hope you didn't forget the prining sugar.

What is the temp you are condtioning at? How long did you put it in the fridge for prior to opening?

Is it carbed yet? If you think you forgot to add the priming sugar you can always buy carbonating tabs and pop them in each bottle

Latest posts

Back