Flat beer in keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkharris200634

Reaction score
Ok, so I got my first keg and kegerator and I kegged my brew just fine. Checked for leaks and whatever. So I did this last Saturday and have been enjoying the hell out of my brew and kegerator. I get home tonight and nothing comes out. I checked the CO2 tank and it's empty. Ok so last night I turned the pressure down because I was getting too much foam when pouring. I don't know if I did something last night that caused the leak or if it's been there and only took this long to run out. My question is, will my beer go flat with no pressure in the keg? Will it affect the flavor? Will it oxygenate even though there should only be CO2 in the keg, even though there's no pressure? Need advice. Thanks guys!!

You're beer will stay carbed as long as their is pressure in the keg. If there is no pressure, then some of the CO2 will come out of solution until the pressure in the keg equals the CO2 left in the beer. It won't hurt the beer and it won't affect the flavor in the longrun. You just need to hook up some new CO2 and set it to a proper serving pressure. It will carb back up to proper levels. How long that takes depends on how much CO2 it lost, but you can go from completely flat to fully carbed in 2-3 weeks, so it should be less than that.

Beer will be fine. You prob had a slow leak and it ran out. use starsan or soapy water to check leaks. or you can submerge your connections under water and check for leaks that way too.

Ok cool. I'll definitely check for leaks better but I was more concerned on the beer hahaha

Back