Fixing a Chugger Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vandulus

Chief Crackpot
Reaction score
So I bought a new Chugger pump back in January, but due to family obligations wasn't able to get everything setup until a few weeks ago. When I finally got it all rigged up, I had a small leak that was very annoying. It turns out that there is a small hole in the stainless head casting. Since this was a manufacturing defect I e-mailed Chugger about getting this replaces and all they said was "Please submit your pics to the distributor you purchased the pump from for warranty." That's it. Needless to say I'm not very impressed with Chugger's customer service.

So I contacted the distributor and they're no longer carrying Chugger. So now I'm stuck with a leaky pump and am wondering if using J-B Weld Steelstik to seal the hole will work? I'd rather not shell out another $80 to replace the entire casing if there's a cheaper or better alternative.

have you contacted chugger to tell them the distributor no longer carries their line? I have heard people getting replacement heads for this problem.

It's very common to have distributors take care of warranty claims. You don't take your broken car to the manufacturing plant for repairs. The fact that your retailer no longer deals chugger anymore is the wrinkle. Frankly if I were that retailer I would still take care of it.

Back