Fishing in the Florida Keys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAHammer

Lovin' the beach...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I hope to be vacationing in the Keys around the 1st week of June and we're planning to stay on Duck Key (almost to Marathon). I'd like to find a charter to do some fishing for one of the days we are there. Primarily interested in inshore fishing and would really like to catch a tarpon but interested in bone fish, red fish, snook etc. Anyone have any recommendations for something nearby. Would prefer something close to Duck Key but I don't mind driving a little bit if necessary.

Went out a couple times, once with Bud&Mary's in Islamorada. but I forget the other place. Didn't catch much, but once was in November and the other time was end of March. Maybe June will be better. All the marinas seem to have similar pricing in that area.

Morada Bay restaurant is great for dinner, you can sit right on the sand and the food is excellent.
View attachment 252613

I saw some amazing tarpon at Islamorada, They used to boast more fishing records than any other place in the us or world were held by boats out of Islamorada. Don't know if it is still true.

Latest posts

Back