First year hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss1550

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how long after planting I should expect to start seeing vines? I just planted 2 weeks ago.

At least a month truthfully if you're using a rhizome. Be patient. You're growing it for year 2 this year.

I potted a rhizome fragment to see if it would grow. It was planted in early April. My established plants all have several feet of growth already, but the sprout from this rhizome just broke ground earlier this week. Give them time, sun, and the right amount of water, and next year you couldn't kill them if you tried.

Planted Cascade rhizome in January I got from a friend in WI, and it's taken off!!!! View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463498491.426892.jpg
I keep checking, will harvest when tips start to turn brown. Almost there!

Added field-grade Neo1 and Multihead plants this week, just put up lines yesterday
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463498565.665582.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463498580.215246.jpg

Trying to take advantage of my limited space by having them grow sideways up to the fence.
All seem to be enjoying the Texas heat, and heavy rains we've been having here.

Can somebody tell me how long after planting I should expect to start seeing vines? I just planted 2 weeks ago.

I planted 4 rhizomes over a month ago.
2 of them popped within a week.
One of them was about a week later.

The fourth just emerged a few days ago.

Latest posts

Back