First Witbier - I think i made brown milk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewswithshoes

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed a wit a couple weeks back. Actually an Allagash White clone recipe from this site. 2 weeks in primary and i went to take a sample today for a gravity reading and it still looks like brown/chocolate milk.

I know that a wit will never drop clear, but after 2 weeks it shouldn't still look like the milky mess it was on brew day, right??

Didn't take a photo but the overall color is a tan milky consistency. It's been 3 weeks in the primary, took a sample, and let it sit in the fridge for a good 12 hours to settle out, gravity reading came in at 1.011 so i think it's done. I decided to cold crash on it and planning to keg it today. Hopefully the cold crash cleared it up to more of a wit consistency.

It's odd as just about everything else i've brewed has dropped clear for the most part without a cold crash. Maybe it's just the recipe, posted that below.

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 10.46.14 AM.png

Back