First wing it brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RnSdriver

Reaction score
I had a Mr. Beer Cerveza kit and 1.8 Lbs of Biess Munich LME sitting around and I wanted to use it up. I stopped at my almost lhbs and picked up 1oz. of Hallertauer hops, and a smack pack of Wyeast 2035. According to Beer Smith it should come out to:

2 Gallions
ABV: 8.07%
OG: 1.080 FG:1.019
IBUs: 31.6 IBUs Color 7.2 SRM

Fermentation will be in a Mr Beer keg@54f for 14 days. Then 60f for three days. followed by 60 days at 35f

I'm naming it after my niece, who tells people that she is not a Mexican-American, but is an American Perma-Tan.

I use the floor sweepings from the grain room when I want to do a "Wing It" beer! Last one turned out amazing! I always do a single hop and use a yeast to try and hit a style. Some of them are KILLER... Some, well...NOT SO MUCH....LOL But the "Wing It" beers are always fun! Let us know how yours turns out..

Cheers
Jay

Winging it is fun. I sometimes just will go buy some base, come back to the house and use whatever spare grains I have on hand. Always ends up beer. That's a good thing, you cant lose.

Back