First Timer looking for resources

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericist

Reaction score
Aloha! My father and I are complete newbies looking into homebrewing our own beer, and frankly I'm at a loss as to places to start doing research. If anyone has links to any resources regarding both the actual process and also stuff to buy, they would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Ericist said:
Aloha! My father and I are complete newbies looking into homebrewing our own beer, and frankly I'm at a loss as to places to start doing research. If anyone has links to any resources regarding both the actual process and also stuff to buy, they would be much appreciated.
The book "How to Brew" by John Palmer is a great place to start your research along with this forum. I'm sure there are several people in this forum that are in your neighborhood and can point you to a local homebrew shop. If the local shops aren't to your liking, there're quite a few people here that shop online too.

Good luck and welcome to the hobby.

Wild

Read the first chapter of Palmer's book online, if you don't have a strong urge to buy a hardcopy, you might consider basket weaving.;) The first chapter will get you through your first brew day and the remaining chapters tell you what you did and how to do it better. Then there are the appendicies.

Dave Miller's Homebrewing Guide is also good.

There is a section on the site that lists suppliers and more references.

If you find a better overall resource than the collective wisdom of the folks here, let me know. Watch the threads and you can learn a lot. I know I did.

Back