First time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys think about leaving the hops in the wort after the boil and put everything in the fermentor without straining.

This would be for my next recipe.

I think I'll just let most of the pellets get into the fermentor and settle with the yeast. I'll try to use loose hops for bittering and those r easy to strain.

So it's still fermenting. Airlock is still bubbling. Right at 65F.

I'll be gettin a keg for this soon.

I just bought a huge Coleman cooler to us as my new mash tun. I didn't like using a bag (biab).

Can't wait for this week to be over so I can keg this first batch. I really don't know what kind of beer this will be but I'll be posting pics and notes.

Looks like a brand new corny. Any reason you're looking at brand new ones instead of reconditioned used ones for 1/3 the price? I just ordered three from kegconnection.com for $50 each and they're supposed to be washed, cleaned, fresh o-rings, pressure tested, etc.

Just wanted to give you the heads up I promised. My stuff came in from kegconnection.com. I got their ball lock premium two-tap tower with perlick 525SS faucet upgrades and dual output taprite gauge upgrade as well as three kegs. They took a few days to ship but it arrived quickly once they did ship. Everything was packaged really well. The kegs were a bit dinged up but that's certainly to be expected. For the most part, though, they're in great shape. As advertised, they were clean on the inside with fresh o-rings all around. I took about 20 minutes lastnight and got all of the external stickers off with a razor blade and gave the tanks a good wipe down with goo gone. I really couldn't be happier with this purchase!

Sweet dude thanks for the heads up.

I found that my shop sells used cornys. Sixty each but they r refurbished. Not very pretty but I'm very excited to get it goin. I'm sanitizing it right now.

Final gravity 1.02

image-1835143982.jpg

Because I checked the og at about 90 degrees I think that makes this beer almost 4%

jbaysurfer said:
It sure looks good!

Ya I tasted the wort and it was surprisingly good. I can't wait to see what it tastes like carbed.

Now I need a bucket of ice to put my keg in ;)

image-2009450184.jpg

It's pretty good. Needs more bitterness I should have boiled the hops longer.

Tastes kinda like coors light lol

madchemist83 said:
Nice. Have u started on the next one :)

I'm actually really enjoying this brew tonight.

The second batch hasn't started yet. I need a kettle, just got a keg system. Will be a dubbel. I got some abbey style yeast.

Latest posts

Back