First time using my Fermonster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indymedic

Reaction score
I have been using buckets in the past without any problems, but recently purchased a fermonster to try out. I put my first brew in it on Tuesday and have yet to see any airlock activity. It has great Krausen and is active so I'm not worried about the fermentation. My question is if anyone else with a fermonster has air leaks. also how did you fix it if you did.

My buddy has had issues with Big Mouth Bubble, which is the same type of thing. Just make sure the bung is really in there. Never had issues with the lid.

No problems here.

As stated above, make sure the bung is seated.

Also, make sure that the gasket in the lid is installed.

I've used mine once and I also noticed little airlock activity. I think my bung wasn't shoved in firmly enough. Im not certain that was the culprit but its my best guess. Ended up fermenting out just fine.

Thanks guys. I'm not to worried about it to much just wondered if it was a known issue. People talk about buckets leaking all the time but I have never had an issue with those so I thought it was a little funny to have an issue with a vessel made specifically for fermenting.

Back