• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

First time trader...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettstar

Reaction score
Hey all, first time trader here. I've actually only recently gotten into homebrewing and just discovered the idea of trading. I've tried to do some research as to what might not be available all over the country using seekabrew.com - I'm from MA, this is my current drinking selection. I can get my hands on a pretty wide variety of goodies.

I'm really not even sure what to ask for haha. I don't think I've gotten into Pliny territory yet. And, although I'm planning the 4 hour journey to pick up some Heady Topper I don't currently have any! Haha.

I would love to try this Zombie Dust everybody talks about. If I have anything to make it worth it, or something you'd like me to grab feel free to let me know.

Thanks everybody! Glad to be apart of this awesome community. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423074055.876547.jpg

I would say that the Sixpoint beer may fetch you ZD as well as the MBC bottle. What year is that DFH?

Basically, it is whatever anyone wants for ZD but it's not as though it trades for crazy stuff. It's widely available usually in distro, if I understand it right.
So you post your thread in the beer trading forum: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/ and see what happens. Offer up that Hi-Res and see if you can't get ZD. It may just have to be a dollar for dollar ($4$) trade.

Right on! Thanks for the suggestions! The 120 is from 10/14. New batch.

Zd has a very small distribution footprint. Most of what is pictured is also sold where Zd is. But, you never know.

Imo, Jacks Abby and night shift are your ticket. I've not had a bad beer from either.

Zombie Dust is a really freaking good beer. It has been showing up here in Madison a lot more frequently lately. Every 3 to 4 months or so. I would say its pretty damn close to Pliny, flavor wise. I'll keep my eyes open for the next shipment..Had Heady before, but wouldn't mind having it again. Do you like Barrel aged stouts and porters?? I am going to a big release here next month for a BA porter that is going to be PHENOMENAL! Hit me up with a PM if you want to talk. I'm new to this site, but have traded extensively on Beer Forum. Also have trade with HBT members on BF.

I can get Pliny all day long...do you have access to Lawson's or Hill Farm? Prob a stretch from your location

Actually both should be attainable...

I'm planning a run up to Vermont in the next couple of weeks and could knock both of those out...

Zombie Dust is a really freaking good beer. It has been showing up here in Madison a lot more frequently lately. Every 3 to 4 months or so. I would say its pretty damn close to Pliny, flavor wise. I'll keep my eyes open for the next shipment..Had Heady before, but wouldn't mind having it again. Do you like Barrel aged stouts and porters?? I am going to a big release here next month for a BA porter that is going to be PHENOMENAL! Hit me up with a PM if you want to talk. I'm new to this site, but have traded extensively on Beer Forum. Also have trade with HBT members on BF.

New username? I didn't grab any Heady last week on my trip to Vt, but can grab you some next trip. I'll let you know before I go.

Back