first time controlled ferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mismost

Reaction score
No big build here...I took the easy way...Home Depot chest freezer and a Inkbot controller...got all "put together" in 10 minutes...appears to work like a champ.

Got my first temp controlled ferment working away now. I keep running out to shop and checking on the temps, but they are holding steady as a rock. Now, I just wish i had brewed a beer that I have brewed before....so, I could judge how much difference/better/worse it turns out....duh...shoulda thought of that.

BTW, it is already a major screw up...too small. While at Home depot, I used two of their orange buckets to check the floor space...they fit fine. My fermenting buckets do not...bigger bottoms and taller too. I will find something somewhere that I can make work.

what size chest freezer did you scoop up? what are you using the 8 gallon buckets to ferment? I just bought the 6.9 cu ft chest freezer on sale at HD it hold 2 of those huge 8 gallon AIH buckets, plus room for blow off tubes/buckets. You may be able to rearrange things and build a collar.

Back