First time brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris8033

Reaction score
How's it going all, I'm a first time brewer/new member. Going to brew my first batch today. Wish me luck

Fun! All grain or extract? What are you brewing and when do you get to start?
Good luck! My first had some ups and downs but in the end I had beer. It was good but not awesome, but it was my own. I was hooked from there.

Hello said:
Fun! All grain or extract? What are you brewing and when do you get to start? Good luck! My first had some ups and downs but in the end I had beer. It was good but not awesome, but it was my own. I was hooked from there.

This will be an extract brew for me. I'm really excited to get the first few brews under my belt, then my plan is to move on to all grain.

My first one will be an English Brown Ale, I would like to do a stout, and maybe a wheat beer of some sort.

My first one will be an English Brown Ale, I would like to do a stout, and maybe a wheat beer of some sort.

You're in it, now. No turning back. Welcome to the fun world.
I'm doing my first all grain tomorrow (Irish Red, hopped up a bit). Been doing partials for about 3 years. Great fun. Stouts always work, FYI. For some reason it's hard to screw those up.
OK, Have fune, dude!

Uh oh. I'm with ya man, started 2 months ago. Now all I do is read this forum and wish time away as I "patiently" wait for my beer to finish up. Enjoy!

I'm finding myself more engrossed with watching my gas trap bubble, than getting anything else done around the house.

English Brown is a great style to start with. You just can't mess it up! (JINX!) ;)

Seriously, have fun and see you in AG soon! It's almost as easy and with BIAB techniques becoming popular, you can give it a try for just about no additional money over extract.

My very first batch is almost ready to drink. Will probably put it in the fridge tomorrow. It's the everyday IPA from brooklyn brew shop. I can almost taste the delicious hops now! I feel your excitement about your first brew. I already have 3 more lined up

Back