First outdoor brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtpro

Reaction score
I havent started a thread in a while so I figured I'm due for some ramblings.

Brewed https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/cascades-orange-pale-ale-84558/ as my first outdoor brew today. Everything went pretty smoothly, took a little getting used to not having everything right at my fingertips in the controlled environment of the kitchen. But I definitely appreciated the performance of my Bayou Classic SP10 outdoor burner over my electric stove, that thing produces some serious heat. Cleaning up with the hose was also nice. Gorgeous day outside. . .I even added a couple drops of sweat to the wort for that truly personal touch :D

All in all its very different than working in the kitchen but it has its advantages, just takes a little extra planning.

Yeah, once you get all your stuff planned out, you will be set. I keep most of my brewing stuff in my 2 coolers (covered and clean) in my garage, so it is all in one place.

Good to hear it went well for you.

I'm at my parents place and they have some pretty nice deck furniture, great for lounging. Hopefully whilst enjoying a delicious orange cascades pale in a few weeks.

I enjoy brewing in the garage more than in the house. Only thing is I have to walk to get to the hose spigot, but that is no big problem to correct. I'm thinking about putting a spigot through the garage wall, so I can hook up the hose and then turn it on and off from inside the garage. Will be pretty handy for restoring my car too.

I used an old webbed lawn chair from my childhood days. I think I last re-webbed it when I got married, so the webbing is probably 15 years old now. I thought it was going to drop me through this time, but it held. I ended up preferring the rolling stool that I use for working on cars. It spins.

Back