First label attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTbrewer

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at a label. It is going to be used on my tap handle and not bottles so I went for something a little different. Let me know what you think! :mug:

BBLogoSS.jpg

It was the most usable tulip glass pic I could find....I need to keep looking for a better one. The yellow is really bright because I was having trouble getting text to show up on the wood grain. I will work on it and post updates!

FWIW, I think the yellow is fine. If you do think its too bright, bring it toward the magenta side. Looks like that yellow is leaning to the blue side. Putting it more toward the red side will give it a softer look.

I would definitely add some sort of outline/drop shadow to the wording at the bottom, as well, maybe shrink it a bit since seems a bit close to the edges.

The ABV 6% I would consider halfing the size of the font, and changing to something more simple like Helvetica or Arial, perhaps directly below the "ON" in saison and as wide as the "ON".

As for the Yellow... I think yellow works, matches the gold in the book spines... but it's too 'clean' of a yellow. Are you using photoshop?

If so, an idea would be to use the eyedropper tool and just start clicking around the image on top of all the yellows with the type actively selected. What this does is it will pick out yellows in the photo and help keep the lettering within the same colour scheme.

Very nice label. Did you try just making the bottom text black? Right now it seems a little top heavy because of the big black on top; maybe bringing some of that black to the bottom by just changing the text to black might even it out a bit.

I love it though...you can tell it's a bunch of seperate images put together, but it was done well and that gives it some of it's charm. Also all the images compliment each other with the same kind of "old timey" feel.

Alright, here is what I ended up going with. Not great, but the keg went in the fridge today and so I just ran with it! :ban:

BBLogoSSTapSize.jpg

Back