First Juice NEIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike COusineau

Reaction score
So I have brewed about 20 batches of beer so far and loving the hobby so far but Im used to Belgian Blondes and regular Ales. I am looking to have some fun and do a JUICY NEIPA from Clawhammer Supply.

I have a couple of questions.

I am looking for a low bitterness beer so I found one that has add no hops in the boil but instead at 175 degree mark. My thinking is as I am cooling down my wort just add the hops in at 175 and slowly stir to get the "Whirlpool" effect. I will stir for about 10 to 15 minutes as its cooling down. So my question is do I continue to cool it down while i am whirpooling or stop Immersion Chiller for the 10-15 minutes and then start it back up again to cool down to 65 degrees?

My second question is when dry hopping at the 72 hour mark, they state they put in the hops for only 3 days and took it out. Is it okay to just put it in at the 72 hour mark and just leave them in the entire time or should i attempt to fish out the small hop bag 3 days after adding the hops?

THanks guys and happy brewing
Stay safe out there

So I have brewed about 20 batches of beer so far and loving the hobby so far but Im used to Belgian Blondes and regular Ales. I am looking to have some fun and do a JUICY NEIPA from Clawhammer Supply.

I am looking for a low bitterness beer so I found one that has add no hops in the boil but instead at 175 degree mark. My thinking is as I am cooling down my wort just add the hops in at 175 and slowly stir to get the "Whirlpool" effect. I will stir for about 10 to 15 minutes as its cooling down. So my question is do I continue to cool it down while i am whirpooling or stop Immersion Chiller for the 10-15 minutes and then start it back up again to cool down to 65 degrees?

My second question is when dry hopping at the 72 hour mark, they state they put in the hops for only 3 days and took it out. Is it okay to just put it in at the 72 hour mark and just leave them in the entire time or should i attempt to fish out the small hop bag 3 days after adding the hops?

Stay safe out there
Welcome to brewing the style. Do a longer whirlpool 30-40 and hold it close to 175 for that time. Then turn on the chiller to pitching temps.

For your dryhops, if you plan on doing it during fermentation just throw them in loose and don’t remove them.

If you’re going to really work through this style I suggest reviewing this thread. Anyway, best of luck
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/northeast-style-ipa.568046/page-289#post-8826749

Stay safe out there

I cool to 175-185. It doesn’t take long with an immersion chiller. Then i turn the chiller off and take it out. I add hops and give it a brisk stir to whirlpool. Then i do that a few more times. I find this easier/less work than using a pump. When I’m done, i our chiller back in and continue to chill down to yeast pitch temp.

I do not fish the dry hops out. That would just add more oxygen back.

Welcome to brewing the style. Do a longer whirlpool 30-40 and hold it close to 175 for that time. Then turn on the chiller to pitching temps.

For your dryhops, if you plan on doing it during fermentation just throw them in loose and don’t remove them.

If you’re going to really work through this style I suggest reviewing this thread. Anyway, best of luck
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/northeast-style-ipa.568046/page-289#post-8826749
Thanks a lot!!!

Appreciate the link!!!

Back