First Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d37fan

Reaction score
Southeast Kansas, a stones throw from Big Brutus
After three hours of work and two months of waiting, the day to try my first bottle of homebrew has arrived. The recipe is a clone of Stone's Ruination IPA. I had one minor mistake during brewing, the hop pellets swelled so much in the sock that it looked and felt like a cue ball. So I knew the Bitterness would not be all that it could be. Chilled for three days, there was a nice sound when I popped the top, and poured into my Chimay glass, this is what it looks like. (The crappy cell phone photo is too dark and doesn't show it properly, but you can see the head anyway) After the glass is finished, the lacing is amazing. If I had known it was this easy to make something this good (not bragging) I would not have been so reluctant to give homebrewing a try. [IMG="http://s411.photobucket.com/albums/pp195/d37fan/?action=view&current=10-15-08_1506.jpg"]

10-15-08_1506.jpg

Congratulations!

Brag Away! Be proud of your beer!

Dang, now you had to go and post that and make me drool I'm going to have to put a Ruination in the fridge now...

Oh, sorry, I digress. Congrats on the first born!

Hope your primaries stay full. You'll be through that first batch before you can say "prost". :mug:

Makes me thirsty, nice glass, whats up with that tablecloth? Looks like Davinci has been at your place doodling or something. Looks much better than my first try congrats!

Back