First EBIAB day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redpappy

Reaction score
Today was my first EBIAB day, with all the new upgrades that I have done(running electric, getting an element, steam slayer, a port added to kettle, and a controller). I will have to say, it was so nice. I did run into a few issues, but first time, not bad of a day. For the most part I should be able to fix the issues that I ran into, such as a boil over... Massive in my eyes. As RPh_Guy Suggested in another thread, I added my IC last 2 min of boil. I was surprised on how low my temp dropped, so I bumped up my controller from 20% to 100, got side tracked, looked back and wow... ooooops.. If it wasn't for that, it would of been a great brew day.
Clean up was so much nicer with having a sink, and not having to bend over to do all the wash up, which is how I was doing it when I was brewing over propane on my back porch. I do need to remember to cover any opened ports i have while I am cleaning.
With

For all that brew in a basement, how long does the brewery smell stick around?

Which controller do you have? I'm sure there's a suggestion to avoid boilovers forever.

I add my immersion chiller after killing power input. No reason to fight back to a boil just to knock it down all over again. Yes, that's plenty hot.

I have the cube2E. During the boil I keep it at 20%.

In that case I’ll just wait till end of the boil to drop my IC.

Back