First day of school, what a CF!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Back to school today here. Older daughter in first grade, younger starting pre-K at the same school. Older one takes the bus, younger one must be driven as there is no bus service for a half-day pre-K program.

Apparently every parent decided it was an absolute must to drive his/her child to the first day. Absurd. Trying to get into the parking lot with my younger one was ridiculous. I was stuck in traffic outside the school for 15 minutes. Jeesh.:mad:

If your kid is in anything higher than kindergarten, you DO NOT need to drive him/her to the first day. At our schools, you can't go any further than the front door, so all you're doing is saying good-bye at the door. Can't that be done at the bus stop so those of us who are required to drive our kids to school can do it without going nuts? Let your kids loose, people. They're going to need it sooner or later.

Yeah, my three kids went back to school today.

I guess I should have said "good luck!" or something, but I had to get to work.

Back