First competition a winner!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apratsunrthd

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been brewing for a few months, only extract+steeping so far. I entered 4 beers in Barley Mob's Fugetaboutit 2010 in Chattanooga, TN and I won 1st place in American Brown Ales with a 45 score! I was very pleasantly surprised. My other 3 scored in the mid 20s, mostly because I still don't know what I'm doing :cross:.

Anyway, I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd just take a minute to brag on myself!

I recently won Gold in the Belgian Pale category in a local one here, and is the first one I've entered as well. I havent received any of the information back like scoring, but I doubt I got a 45!

45 is a mighty strong score. Did you bottle condition or keg then bottle?

Congrats. What's your recipe?

awesome and youre just a stones throw away from me, I hope to get into some competitions in the next year we may cross paths :mug:

Thanks for all the kind words, y'all. I'll get the recipe posted soon. It's embarrassingly simple (extract+steep). Budzu, if I had any of it left, I'd bring you a bottle or two. I'll be brewing it again very soon so I'll make a mental note to save you some. Dookie, are you in a brewclub? I think the Barley Mob is submitting beers for a total of six events next year. We'd love to have you.

I recently won Gold in the Belgian Pale category in a local one here, and is the first one I've entered as well. I havent received any of the information back like scoring, but I doubt I got a 45!

Turns out I got a 40 :rockin:

Back