First brews revisited.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I went into the old beer closet tonight and tried a few of the first batches:

1. Batch #1, Brown Ale. I still think this a really good beer. It definitely had some diacetyl but it was drinkable and I enjoyed it again tonight. The inaugural bottle is the only one left from this batch.
2. Batch #2 Oatmeal Stout/Vanilla Stout. The Oatmeal Stout is VERY good. It has aged nicely. I wouldn't put it up against Young's or anything, but I can drink it. Vanilla Stout, last 2 bottles were discovered, hidden in the back of the closet. They should have stayed hidden. Its still jet fuel. One sip and dumped. Yikes.
3. Batch #5 Brown Ale 2. I did the same recipe as the first one, but added another hop addition mid-boil. It helped that batch. It's really good. I have a case of it left. I'm glad. :)

Overall, I'm really happy with the way my beers have turned out. I like this hobby and I'm sticking to it. :D

You've inspired me...I'm gonna try out a few of my old brews. I still have a batch I haven't tasted, and one I haven't bottled (probably dead). Hopefully I've got something good, so I don't feel like I've wasted time and money.

Back