First Brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Christ

Reaction score
Brewing a wheat beer with a True Brew home brewing kit that my fiancée's mother bought for me. I brewed it on Saturday and it fermented until Monday morning/afternoon (No more bubbles in the airlock when I got home from work Monday afternoon). I am wondering if that is enough time, since everything I have heard has stated that the fermentation should last about 48 to 72 hours. I just want to make sure I am doing everything right. I plan on letting the beer settle for about another 2-3 days before moving to the bottling process.

Any helpful tips and advice would be much appreciated.

My ultimate goal is to have a home brew at my wedding next year, so any advice on what type would be best would also be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
~ B-Christ

Welcome to the forum. There's plenty of information here to get you started. I would recommend leaving the beer alone for at least 2-3 weeks before bottling. Even after active fermentation ends the yeast will be working to clean up after themselves, then they will start dropping out of suspension. Patience is required to get the best beer possible.

As for what to brew for your wedding - brew what you and your guests like to drink. For the macro drinking masses blonde ales, cream ales, and Kolsch's are suitable alternatives.

Good Luck.

Congrats on the first brew!

First piece of advice: Leave it in primary for at least one week, preferably two. As stated above, it will let fermentation finish and the yeast will have time to clean up after themselves.

While you are waiting, read John Palmer,s "How to Brew" if you haven't already.
http://www.howtobrew.com

Yeah just don't tuch it for awhile. You'll see a huge difference between now and a week to ten days from now.

Congratulations on your first brew! I know what you are going through with wanting it all to hurry up and get finished and also wondering what can go wrong. The previous advice to wait and be patient is hard to accept but is so true. I only have 4 batches under my belt and am still always wanting to go look and see what my primary looks like. I know that checking on it isn't going to change anything but I still want to do it:D

Latest posts

Back