First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cummins2500hd

Reaction score
Finished my first brew every, Rye IPA.

I have nothing to compare the taste of the beer against or to know if it tastes right or wrong. Hoping someone may be able to help me out, maybe even locally in South Central PA.

Matt

First batch - great. What stage do you mean by finished - brewed, bottled, or conditioned and ready to drink? Whatever stage, I hope it's a great beer.

Rye ipa's are great, if it tastes good by your standards, then success. When will it be ready to drink?

I don't really know.

When I got my kit the guy told me to wash everything good. So I did only to find out using soapy water was wrong. The store owner and I talked and he said I may have ruined my brewing buckets.

This is in my head now so I don't know if the beer is ruined or fine and have no way to judge.

If it taste good to you then what's the problem?
Soap won't ruin your buckets, just make sure to rinse them out real good.
In the future try some Oxyclean Free (no perfumes, no dyes ect..)

Or PBW. Costs more,but so worth it. It'll clean anything,depending on the strength of the solution per directions on the jar. I use the 1.5oz per gallon of water to clean stuff. Works way better than just 1oz. With a dobie & that solution stregth,I can clean our SS brew kettles/stock pots like new. Polished stainless looks good after a scrub & rinse with it. Use a folded paper towl,the better soft kind,or better yet blue shop kind at autozone. With pbw to scruf the fermenters clean of any filmy residue.

No offense,but I just prefer to use the right tool for the kob. Ok,ok,I'm mr scott! At different stengths,it's safe to clean even burned on varnish deposits,according to the label. And no toxic films left over to scrub & rinse. Great product by 5 star chemical.

Back