First Brew results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadhead

Reaction score
83F40E68-119A-46BA-9C68-2135F6B59AC2.jpeg
So this was my first brew. It was a extract brew using the Catalyst system with American pale ale kit it came with. All in all it came out pretty good. I find there’s maybe a little inconsistency from bottle to bottle that I drink. Some taste perfect, some a little yeasty and other have a slight sweet taste.
Using the Catalyst system was decent. Had no issues on my first brew. The batch I have is there now gave me some issues last night. Mostly my fault because I let too much trub get in there , trying to get it all out was a nightmare and I lost a lot of beer and introduced tons of oxygen. I will be installing the sampling port/ racking arm tonight.
I got a Mash and Boil this week and will be moving to all grain for my next batch. Can’t wait to try it out ! Cheers

This is because you didn't stir enough after pouring the wort!no you wont kill the yeast its pretty strong.:yes:

Latest posts

Back