First Brew is Bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirdGen

Reaction score
Well after wrestling with it for a few hours last night my first batch of homebrew is sitting in their new 12oz homes carbonating! I used Brewcraft carbonation drops so we'll see how they work. My siphon stopped working on the last 6-pack of bottles, so I got 42 12oz bottles and one 16oz swing-top out of my batch. The rest unfortunately went down the sink. :(

I poured a bit for myself, and although it was obviously flat and warm, it tasted alright. It actually didn't have too much flavor to it and a slightly odd aftertaste, but I'm not getting excited until they've had a week or two to carbonate. At that point I'll stick some in the fridge and see how they are!

:mug:

Feels good doesn't it?

Now you get to question what you are looking for or at as you find yourself staring at them needlessly for what seems to be hours at a time!

down the sink!? why didnt you drink it! lol

My 1st was bottled on sunday, but today (4days) im planning on drinking one, i cant wait!!

we bottled and drank a couple of flat beers...pretty good flat beer..

Congrats! Now go and pick yourself up a bottling bucket & a 3/4" PVC Street Elbow so you don't waste anymore beer! The Beer Gods forgive such a thing as pouring good beer down the sink but once...

I'm a heretic probably but i think my brews taste great after 1 week in bottles...I'm leaving some in to compare/contrast, tho ;) Also it's pretty warm here so they carb up fast

Latest posts

Back