first brew is bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l1ranger

Reaction score
so far, everything has gone smoothly.
fermentation
transfer to secondary
dry hop
and bottling tonight, all was well.

even had about 6 oz left over and tasted it tonight. flat but good. I think i definitely understand what I've been reading about as a 'green' taste now.

I'll be tasting one this weekend, and next weekend, and the weekend after, and the weekend after that, etc

and yes, I'll be starting brew #2 as soon as the stuff arrives.

cracked one open last night. patience is not my strongest point, and why not. I've got another 40 or so bottles to age.

4 days in bottles. definitely needs longer for full carbonation, but I thought it was carbed enough. really great hop aroma and flavor with a hint of maltiness. Head was weak and dissipated pretty quickly. Im guessing thats somethign that will develop better as its in the bottle longer?

I just bottled my first Pale Ale today...I used 22 oz bottles, and I'm staring at some 26 bottles of this stuff.

I tried to drink some "extra" beer in the bottom of the priming bucket - just to taste a green beer... and about an hour later I spent 30 min. in the bathroom...mmm, well, let's say the laxative effects of yeast are alive and well.

Whew!

Now if I could fast forward two or three weeks, and Ill let you know how this batch really is!

Back