First brew in over three years in the books.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaTiger

Reaction score
Done. Finished. Fini. Haven't done a brew day in over three years until today. May be my best one yet as far as technical details. Nothing touched the wort unsanitized...steeped the grains at the exact temp that was on recipe. Boiled it to the second. Dropped hops at the right times.

The only problem I had was with a new funnel that I bought to pour directly into carboy. There was a fine screen in it to keep true out but it clogged too much. I ended up taking it out and just pouring grub on in. I kept out as much as I could but this brew has a lot in the bottom. It is now resting comfortably in the Cool Brewing bag I got for Christmas.

Now the hard part. The waiting.

Done. Finished. Fini. Haven't done a brew day in over three years until today. May be my best one yet as far as technical details. Nothing touched the wort unsanitized...steeped the grains at the exact temp that was on recipe. Boiled it to the second. Dropped hops at the right times.

The only problem I had was with a new funnel that I bought to pour directly into carboy. There was a fine screen in it to keep true out but it clogged too much. I ended up taking it out and just pouring grub on in. I kept out as much as I could but this brew has a lot in the bottom. It is now resting comfortably in the Cool Brewing bag I got for Christmas.

Now the hard part. The waiting.

I hear you man, I just put my first ever brews in fermenters a couple days ago. tick tock, tick tock,tick tock....................

:mug::mug::mug:

Feels good doesn't it! I've never taken three years off but after an extended break, brewing again is like a breath of fresh air.

Off topic. I'm a Clemsen fan this weekend! GO TIGERS!

(Disclaimer: Actually I'm a Michigan fan and a fan of anyone playing against Ohio St)

NDub...cmon and join us. There is room on the winners sideline! I have actually been sick for much of the last three years. In and out of hospital. But I'm back now. Woot!!

GO TIGERS!!!

BTW, that WASNT a first down in your game with osu

From a GT fan good luck to Clemson and the ACC!

Congrats on the first brew down after the break! Are you bottling or kegging?

Back