First brew day1 Done and Done !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronxBrew

Reaction score
First brew day ! Ive been pouring over it for the last month. Going over it in my head every night and reading/watching everything i could. That said i had fun and it was enjoyable :ban: Did up a American Amber Ale extract kit from my LHBS. Everything went like clock work with no problems :rocking: RHA...brew is what i did ! Dog Fish Head Imperial IPA ! Woot ! Sanitized my but off more than i should have but better more than not enough ! Would have loved to make a starter but my starter stuff isn't in yet and i went ahead anyway.

O.G 1.050
My O.G 1.50 "yay" :tank:

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

Vacuumed sealed hopps!
IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Awesome! Welcome to the addiction. And that's not a joke... brewing is addictive. You can search around but most communities should have support groups that meet on a fairly regular basis. Hope the brew turns out as well as you hope. :mug:

Congratulations on your first of many!

You're way ahead of many new brewers (myself when I started included) if you already have fermentation control. If you're that far along in your understanding, your brew is going to be awesome.

Remember - patience is a virtue.

I come from a long background of smoking meat " true BBq" . No worries on the wait part from me. Enjoyed the whole prossess .

Update ! Checked in on the brew before going to bed. No fermintation , No air lock activity. The foam resided as well. The only think that had my hopes up was the air lock. Although not bubbling it had pressure. I have the temp locked down at 68. Took some bubble wrap and duct tape to the side of the carboy to place the probe.

Woke up this morning. Temp still at 68. Opened up the ferm chamber to be greeted by a bubbling air lock and nice foam head ! I did order a flask and stir plate from stir starters.com. I will in the future make a starter.

Back